Grüner Baum - 4 Star
Bad Gastein & Bad Hofgastein - Austria
As you drive up to the Grüner Baum - a magical winter wonderland greets you. Originally a hunting lodge of the Arch Duke Johann, dating back to 1831, the famous 'Small Luxury Hotel Grüner Baum' (Green Tree) consists of 5 buildings, which make up the hotel village situated in 70 acres of stunning scenery. This is a wonderful family destination.
The hospitality of the Blumschein Family greatly contributes to an excellent holiday or weekend break of the highest class. The hotel has an excellent reputation for both Austrian and international cuisine, and is renowned for its wine cellar.There is also a lot to explore in and around the Hoteldorf Grüner Baum. Relax and switch off at the Thermal Natural Spa with in- and outdoor pools, sauna, steam bath and gym. Spoil yourself with relaxing massages and beauty treatments on offer from our professional spa team or explore the hotel with the i-concierge-service, consisting of 15 iPads, which are free of charge for the whole stay.
During the winter sesaon the hotel offers a free shuttle service to the ski lifts of Bad Gastein, and for children aged of 3 years and upwards, ski lessons can be enjoyed directly at the hotel. For those who need a break from alpine skiing, the hotel offers cross country equipment hire, an ice curling rink with hot punch and chestnuts, or guided snow shoe hikes.
While you are having an great day on the slopes your children can spend a wonderful day at the mini club with professional child care and a fun program.
After a day on the slopes, relax in the lounge with its open fire-place or take one of the hotel's sleigh ride . If you want a true feel of Austria, with excellent accommodation, food, wine and hospitality then the Grüner Baum is an excellent choice for the discerning guest.
- Welcome Drink
- Extensive hot and cold breakfast buffet
- Evening meals with 4-6 courses and choice of main course and salad buffet
- Weekly Speciality buffet and occasional Gala dinner
- Vegetarian and Organic menus
- Early meals for children
- Indoor thermal pool
- Steam-room, sauna and fitness room
- Beauty therapy and massage (local charge)
- Free hotel bus service to the ski lifts
- Tobogganing (local charge)
- Hotel's own Ice curling rink
- Horse riding
- Horse drawn sleigh rides through Kotschach valley (local charge)
- Children's petting zoo
- Mini Club wth professional childcare during the day
- Baby lift and slopes by the hotel
- Ski guiding (local charge)
- Music, dancing & zither evenings
- Lounges and bar
- Café and à la carte RestaurantFree wi-fi is avaiable throughout the whole hotel.
All bedrooms are individually furnished in a traditional style. There are a selection of rooms available, all with private shower or bath, WC, satellite TV, hairdryer, radio. The superior and deluxe rooms also have a balcony, minibar and safe.